Thursday, February 20, 2014

Flowers and cliche and romance.


I realised that I like the idea of receiving flowers. It’s a sweet  gesture. Even if they wilt after some time. 

I now have to figure out my favourite flowers is. And if I prefer a single stalk or a bouquet. I don't even have an opinion on their romanticness. I was once given a red rose on a date. I didn't go gaga over it. But it was sweet. And cheesy and cliche. Not a fan of cliches. I am definitely not a red rose person. I know I like yellow roses. Nice and bright. 

I think Orchids look good as decoration in parties. Shivli and Rajniganda would smell good.

Right now I am wondering about how I would react if surprised with flowers. The point is; when they wilt it makes me sad. Atleast when they are on trees you don't have to witness them wilting. Flowers DO look better on trees. 

 I have recently started pressing and drying flowers and making potpourri out of them. I do it before they start wilting and this way they last for so much longer. 

I once wrote a poem about how choosing flowers is not a very good idea because they wilt.

Flowers and destinies do not lie together...
When I chose flowers,they wilted
So I choose my destiny, and cry.

 I used these lines as my about me on fb because I felt my life was like that- I don't get to choose flowers; the easy path. I no longer feel that about my life even though I still don't want to follow the herd. I am doing what I love and I am certainly not unhappy. Neither is the path that tough, it's just different and I won't have it any other way. 

So yes, I am ready for flowers now. 

No comments :

Post a Comment